Saturday, November 20, 2010

MY IDENTITY

This poem is a follow up to the earlier post, COURTING THE UNKNOWN

So lost deep inside,
Is all that makes me.
My true identity,
Is hard to see.
To my friends and family,
I’m a different me.
I have a secret identity,
Wonder if you’ll ever see.
My thoughts and actions,
Are all that makes me,
But some things I may do,
May not describe me.
Now look inside me,
If you ever feel,
like it,
I’m no-one but me,
Never hiding my identity.
Don’t say I am hypocrisy,
Because I never showed you,
two of me.
Now please,
Look at me,
Try to see the real me.
I’m no-one but,
my real identity.
All full of beauty,
Inside me.

3 comments:

  1. If only they wud just see the real u and accept it... Nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Captures what a lot of us go through

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you, both, GNM, it's true, most of the people around us choose to see that they want us to be. Sinia you went dead on me, what happened??

    ReplyDelete