Friday, August 12, 2011

I've had to make some hard choices in the past one month.

First i came out to my best friend who is straight and the worst homophobe ever. He really flipped and i had to give him time to come to term with me being gay.

Then, i resigned from my place of work. Ok for this i was kinda pushed. The boss kept changing the terms of work and everytime i requested for a letter of employment rid would become abusive and then threaten to suspend me without pay. I decided not to give her the pleasure and left with my pride intact.

I finally gathered enough courage to face my Dad since he found out i'm gay. I feared the worst but suprisingly i spent a week with him alone and it was one of the best time in my life. We talked about everything i've been facing and though he sometimes found it hard to understand or relate with me on some aspects, he is ok with most of my decisions. Yaey.

I'm feel drawn to getting into helping those in the community who are discriminated against like the CSWs, MSMs and HIV/AIDS Victims. I feel like this is what will give my life a meaning and i also can make a positive impact in people's lives.

WISH ME LUCK

8 comments:

  1. @thegaytekeeper, thanks for the vote of confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you Bugz. Yours has been a journey filled with a lot of ups and downs. I'm glad things are looking up for you. Follow your heart. Always do that which your heart draws you to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeay for you! sounds like lots of clarity has been attained in the past month! As for the work with those who are discriminated I know a couple of organizations that do that sort of thing....starting with GALK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I hope that with the family support and having discovered what you really want to do, the future will be brighter for you.

    Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the newness and the hope. I am happy that all is well between you and your dad. And I am positive as you give yourself out to serve humanity, your life will be more enriched and fulfilled. I wish you all the best Bugz :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guyz thanks so much for your encouraging words and must say i'm okay with most of my decisions.
    @Wyndown, i am way ahead of you, i'm currently attending a ten days workshop for peer educators trainers - TOT - at Maasai lodge, it's tasking but i'm also considering it as a much needed holiday. Sinia, GNM, Random, i thank you for being my rock.

    ReplyDelete