Thursday, February 25, 2016

WANTS AND NEEDS

The struggle has resurfaced between my want and need I want to be in love with you I need to be alone with me love has become so elusive I've forgotten how it feels can't remember what it looks like so ill-equipped to deal
The want blurs my sight like a mirage in the night where lust resembles love then fades away in morning light I'm exhausted of the search and drowning from within so easily pulled under by loves fraudulent twin no longer can I trust sparks of instinct that might move cause I've seen little behind your smile so in love without proof- of a beautiful mind, a golden heart I intoxicate with attraction and it's there from the start I create these illusions and play tricks on my mind re-writing the scripts romanticizing every line I need to be alone with me to look at you and know I'll see all that you are and all that your 're not then maybe this struggle will no longer be fought

No comments:

Post a Comment